The Beach House Green Statement
Here at the Beach House we are very aware of the impact the tourist industry has on the environment, especially around Dorset and particularly the Jurassic Coast. We aim to offset our carbon footprint here at the Beach House as much as we can by the following ways;
- We will recycle where possible any bottles, cans, plastic, paper, batteries and cardboard from guest bedrooms. We will recycle as much as possible all general and kitchen waste.Fuel:
- All plug sockets are turned off when the rooms are empty so if something fails to turn on please check the sockets.
- Radiators will be turned down to a low heat, and then may be adjusted to guest’s requirements.
- In Rooms 1 & 4 the radiator will be turned off when the room is empty and must not be left on overnight.
- Please do not leave TV’s on standby mode or indeed any other electrical equipment such as laptops, phone chargers etc. please do not leave any of these on the beds when charging.
- Please turn lights off when leaving your room, especially in the en-suite as the fan will continue to run until the light has been switched off.
- Nearly all kettles provided in the guest bedrooms have been changed to mini kettles and have a water level indicator. Please try to fill to the required amount.
- There are dual flush toilets in some en-suites
- We will replace towels after three days in line with quality system requirements, unless you leave your towel in the shower indicating you require a change sooner.Food:
- We aim to use unpackaged fresh food wherever possible.
- We aim to use only local suppliers.
- We put fresh milk in jugs for breakfast and in a chilled container for rooms.
- We cook to order rather than in advance, therefore enabling us to reduce waste and provide fresh delicious breakfasts for you to enjoy!